What a joy it is to bring a child into this world, and what a joy it is to bring that child into our Church through Baptism. The Baptism of your child is an opportunity to renew your own Baptismal commitment to discipleship, and it offers your faith community the same opportunity.
When considering Baptism for your child, you need to reflect on the following:
- What is it that you are asking of the Church for your child?
- What has it meant in your own life to be a baptized member of the Body of Christ?
- How do you live out your Baptismal commitment in love and service to God and your neighbor?
- Will you train your child in the practice of the faith?
- Will you teach them to keep God’s commandments as Christ taught us, by loving God and neighbor?
These, and other questions, can be discussed with a member of the parish staff before celebrating the Sacrament of Baptism.
Baptism is an occasion to celebrate the amazing gift of life God shares with us. It is a sacrament of initiation, the source of New Life in Christ. Preparation for the sacrament beings in the Parish. Please contact the parish closest to you to make an appointment.