Ways to Use The Family Zone newsletter during the month of JUNE
1. Use the St. Joseph’s Prayer for fathers from June 13 edition for a Father’s Day blessing at Mass or post it on your website
2. Host a “campfire” storytelling evening for families to share their story. Use the book “Alma and How She Got her Name” to urge the sharing of “origin stories.” (6/13)
3. Provide a fun prize at each Mass for the first child who can find and point out the Ambry (6/13)
4. Invite families to “tune in” to God by encouraging them to listen to the video in the June 13 edition of the newsletter and identifying the sounds they hear. Chat about what it means to tune into and try to listen to God in the silence.
5. Host a parish field trip to the Our Lady of Fatima or Our Lady of Martyrs. (6/13, 6/27)
6. Host a date night for couples based upon the questions in the June 13 WONDER section. Invite couples to enjoy a cookout and engage in a special activity with one another or provide some topics for quiet conversation under the stars!
7. Create a St. Joseph’s gallery for parishioners to enjoy throughout the summer. This can be a small space accessible at Mass times such as in the narthex. Change the display frequently to help parishioners learn about St. Joseph with things like the Wooden stick and blooming flower story found in the 6/27 edition.
8. Host a children’s story hour out on the lawn. Invite each child to “bring a buddy” and share one of the friendship stories found in the June 27 edition. Include a simple craft and an opportunity to build community.
9. Invite parent to share what it is about their child that amazes them! Make a special place in the parish or on the web for sharing this in celebration of the Year of the Family (6/27 Wonder section)
10. Take the empathy building information from the 6/13 and 6/27 editions another step by providing some activities or conversation around the topic for parents.
ADDITIONAL FAMILY ZONE NEWSLETTERS FROM 2020: