Ways Parish Leaders Can use The FAMILY ZONE during October
- Host an evening or afternoon for teens and parents with outside prayer stations. Connect the opportunity to the teen “READ” playlist option from October 4 edition: “How to Start Talking to God.” No need to have any props or take-aways; simply use display boards to draw their attention to each prayer experience. Connect each prayer stop to issues associated with 2020 that families may want to focus some conversation with God on. Make the opportunity relevant, short and meaningful!
- Collect the prayers that children and families create from the WRITE section of the October 4 edition. Post the prayers (without names or identifying markers) on a special section of the parish web page and invite the parish to pray along. Host an in—person (according to guidelines) or ZOOM gathering where participants can share their prayers and learn more about the ACTS prayer formula.
- Host a zoom meeting with small children and their parents. Invite the families to listen to the Sprouts podcast from the October 4 edition’s LISTEN! Section. On the Zoom call, have each family bring something (or a drawing of something) that they are thankful for. Invite each participant to have a “SHOW and TELL” of what they brought. Conclude your gathering with a children’s story about gratitude and a spontaneous prayer.
- In person or via zoom, show the 5 Finger Prayer video with Pope Francis from WATCH! October 4 edition, and invite participants to draw an outline of their hands and fill in each prayer intention.
- Create mini S’MORE kits for pick up at the parish which gives you an opportunity to touch base with parents. Then, invite families to send in pictures of the S’MORE prayer campfires from October 4