Ways to Use The Family Zone newsletter during the month of November
- Choose a new prayer to learn together from the link in the November 8 edition under PRAY! “Strong from the Start” Daily Catholic Prayer
- Play one of the decision- making games from the November 8 edition under PLAY, though they say “preschool” many are adaptable to all ages such as dominoes and tic tac toe. While playing, or after, talk about the value of good decision making and the gift of Right Judgment, one of the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- We are all called to be saints! The November 1 WRITE section invites you to write about someone you admire in the Communion of Saints. Do you have someone who you recognize as saintly in your life? Send a note of appreciation or acknowledgment to them to share how they have been a witness of Christ to you and your family!
- If you programming has a “saints” focus during the month of November, gather online to play the SAINTS bingo found in the November 1 issue or create an online “concentration game” with different Saints pictures or names using this teaching tool: https://www.thetraininglady.com/concentration-game-powerpoint/. When the Saints name is called in Bingo, or a Saint match is made in concentration, use the opportunity to tell the participants a few fun facts about the saint!
- The November 15 issue asks readers to write a dialogue to go along with the silent film of the Parable of the Talents. Assign a section to each participant and gather virtually to add the dialogue to the story in the words of the participants. Be sure to preview the dialogue from each participant!
- Work on the listening skills in the November 15 edition by engaging families in an interview process about the Thanksgiving, Advent or Christmas. Invite families to share the responses they received from their interview partner with you!
- Create a special Zoom evening for families to share their hidden talents with the group! See the CREATE section in the November issue for details!
- Read or show a YouTube video of Thankful by Eileen Spinelli from the November 22 issue. Follow it with a gratitude prayer service for families.
- Invite everyone to come together to build Advent wreaths, Jesse Trees or Advent Calendars via Zoom or in small family gatherings as suggested in the 11/29 edition. Provide materials for pick up
- Provide weekly connections to the Advent season with materials you see in the November 29 issue.